7.19.2008

Firefox 3

If you haven't yet discovered Firefox 3, do it today! It's got tons of new features and when combined with some new add-ons, it is genuinely amazing! I've been playing around with it the past few days, trying to improve my browsing experience. Here are some pictures of cool things I've been doing.

Google Reader can display an actual blog entry, instead of just words!


I set up my facebook profile with a UC Davis theme...GO AGGIES!!!


Here, Google Calendar shows the current time, so that you can see exactly how far away an event is.


My absolute favorite add on makes my calendar completely full screen! On my 15 inch wide screen, I get the same picture I usually get on a 19 inch full screen!


My gMail includes icons to show the file type of the attachments (I believe chats have always had bubbles next to them, but this may be new as well).


This timer shows how long I've been online in any given day. Yesterday, I discovered I'm on WAY too much, so hopefully that'll go down some today and in the future.


Facebook lets me see pictures full size when I scroll over them :) No more thumbnails if I dont want them!!!


Hey! You can download Youtube videos without 3rd party software or additional equipment!


Last in my list (though certainly not the last of the MANY features I've installed) is gMail message highlighting. Scrolling over any given message changes the color depending on its read/unread status.


So, go get Firefox 3 NOW!!!!

No comments: